- Overview and Issues
- Self Regulation
- Industry Guidelines
- Consumer Information
- Copy Review Service
- Membership Overview
- Become a Member
- Committees and Councils
- ERA Europe
- Diamond Partner Program
- Recognizing Members and Volunteers
- Member News
FA LA LA LA LA FOR ECOMMERCE! 57% OF CONSUMERS PLAN ON SHOPPING ONLINE R2C Group Uncovers Holiday Trends with Proprietary MindReader® Tool
PORTLAND, OR – Creative and Media agency R2C Group today released the results of its Holiday Trends MindReader® survey. The survey, with over 1,000 respondents, uncovers purchasing trends expressed by the U.S. consumer. MindReader® is a proprietary online research platform created by R2C Group designed for consumer insight discovery.
The survey indicates that:
• 32% of U.S. adults prefer to shop locally vs. big box retailer, with adults aged 55+ being more likely than Millennials and GenX-ers to say they'd prefer to shop locally. 51% said they had no preference.
• 57% said they plan to shop online for most, or all, of their holiday gifts this year. With 88% planning to at least do some shopping online, the concept of physically shopping at big--or even locally-owned small--brick and mortar retail is in decline.
• On the bright side for ecommerce, 42% of people expect to buy more gifts online this season compared to last year. And 23% plan on only shopping online.
• 31% of consumers don’t plan on doing any holiday shopping.
R2C Group President and COO Jane Crisan said: “With the shift to online shopping increasing year on year, we are encouraging our eCommerce clients to use the opportunity to scale their sales via TV. These findings are particularly relevant for our bricks & clicks clients as they grapple with the consumer expectations around an online/offline single store experience, and adjustments to their marketing mix and messaging to support both. “
“Our MindReader surveys are designed to uncover trends that keep our clients informed with up-to-the-minute purchasing behavior and insights that directly affect their businesses,” says Dan Gallagher, VP Brand Strategy & Research. "Many of our clients are online retailers that are positively impacted on holidays, a time when consumers are most likely to buy gifts or services."
About R2C Group:
R2C Group is a $400 Million creative and media agency with sophisticated, end-to-end performance marketing capabilities. The agency links brand strategy, creative and production to dynamic media buying and advanced analytics—achieving unbeatable success for clients. Honing its Transactional Brand Building craft through years of experience, the agency applies vast analytical knowledge to solve clients’ marketing challenges. R2C Group has proven that it is possible to deliver on both sales and branding without making sacrifices. R2C Group clients include fast growth companies such as ChristianMingle.com, Wayfair.com, Web.com, Consumer Cellular, TaxACT.com, and 23andMe as well as many blue chip brands such as Humana Healthcare, Bissell, Microsoft, bareMinerals, Kimberly Clark, and Vonage. Founded in 1998, R2C Group has offices in Portland, San Francisco, Philadelphia and Providence. More information is available at http://www.r2cgroup.com
# # #
R2C Group Contact:
Founder and CEO