- Overview and Issues
- Self Regulation
- Industry Guidelines
- Consumer Information
- Copy Review Service
- Membership Overview
- Become a Member
- Committees and Councils
- ERA Europe
- Diamond Partner Program
- Recognizing Members and Volunteers
- Member News
2017-18 Board of Directors Elections
ERA 2017-18 Board of Directors Nomination and Elections
The 2016-17 ERA Nominating Committee is pleased to announce the launch of our nomination and election process for the 2017-18 ERA Board of Directors.
This year's Nominating Committee is charged with slating candidates for the nomination and election of open seats for the 2017-18 ERA Board of Directors.
All nomination materials must be submitted by Tuesday, January 31, 2017.
Call for Board Candidates
Leadership is at the heart of the Electronic Retailing Association’s work and our industry. We need your input on the next leaders of the organization. Now is the time for you to nominate candidates to serve on the 2017-18 ERA Board of Directors, with service beginning September 2017.
Service on the Board of Directors for ERA is a rare chance to drive the decisions of our highly-respected association and shape the future of our industry. Working with other leaders in ERA provides the opportunity to be on the cutting edge of the direct response community, be part of the decision making process on the national level, and drive the strategic goals of the organization.
Board service is also a chance to grow personally and professionally, to develop skills, gain unique experience and access, and make lasting connections with a team of passionate and motivated industry colleagues. Board service also provides the unique opportunity to:
- Play a significant role in advancing the industry and the organization
- To enhance the value of ERA to our members
- Access up-to-date information about the government issues facing the industry
- Exchange ideas and perspectives with other industry leaders
Please read the Guide for Nominees for Election to the Board of Directors for more information. ERA regular members in good standing may nominate themselves or another executive to serve on the ERA Board of Directors.
The Nominating Committee will interview qualifying candidates at the 2017 Great Ideas Summit February 27 – March 1 at the Caribe Hilton, San Juan, Puerto Rico or the Government Affairs Fly-in in Washington, DC in May 2017. Nominations are due by 5:00 p.m. EST on Tuesday, January 31, 2017.
Please complete and return the Board Nominee Application Form and required documents to Michelle Spencer at mspencer [at] retailing dot org.
Electronic Retailing Association
Gerald A. Bagg
2016 - 17 Nomination Committee Chair
2016 – 2017 ERA Nominating Committee:
Gerald A. Bagg, Chair, Quigley-Simposon
Jennifer DeMarco, Allstar Products Group
Brandon Lewis, EvTech Media, LLC
Ranjit Mulgaonkar, DNA Response Inc.
Hank Cohen, Windstar Media, LLC
Manish Israni, Telebrands
Katie Williams, Ideal Living
To be considered for the ERA Board of Directors, an ERA member must be nominated - either by another member or by his/herself. All candidates must completed the Board Nominee Application Form and Honor Statement.
The information contained in this booklet is designed to provide you with an accurate appraisal of the role that ERA Board members play. It is also intended to give you a clear understanding of the candidate selection process.
Nomination and Election Timeline & Process
The Nominating Committee begins the work of identifying candidates for nomination for the ensuing fiscal year of ERA in November of each year. To be considered among the next group of candidates, completed materials must be received by ERA by Tuesday, January 31, 2017.
- The Nominating Committee evaluates candidate submissions from January-June.
- Nominees will be notified by the Nominating Committee of next steps following consideration of their completed forms.
- Selected nominees may be invited for phone or in-person interviews at ERA’s Great Ideas Summit (February 27- March 1, 2017) or ERA’s Government Affairs Fly-in in Washington DC in May 2017. (Exact dates to be determined in when Congress releases its calendar.)
- ERA members are notified of the proposed slate of nominees for election following final decisions of the Nominating Committee.
- The election takes place by electronic ballot in July.
- Installation of officers and directors for the ensuing year takes place at the ERA September board meeting and newly elected directors attend that meeting.